Monday, October 11, 2010

Camping at snow blinds (part 1)


Here in Colorado we get short but beautiful summer. Most people like me, make good use of those months camping, biking and hiking etc.

Last summer we camped at Snowblinds campground near Monarch pass off of forest road 888. The campground has around 20 sites near an awesome creek. It’s a walk-in campground without reservations. On regular weekends you will get a spot since not many people know about this place. The hosts Karl & Ruby were great and you will never forget them.

This campground is close to a ghost town named White Pine. A beautiful area, I am sure we will camp there again next year.

ATV tracks
Town of Whitepine
Slow down... People breathing - A sign board
The deserted gold mine
Our Campground

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes. I think where summer is short it's appreciated more. :)

Sylvia K said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like a great, fun place to visit! Love the vivid colors! Terrific captures! Have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Eve said...

I love that there are so many trees - it looks like you can really go camping and relax - away from the cities and people.

Barb said...

Hi Unni, I have been over Monarch Pass many times but never have seen this lovely hidden area where you camped. It looks very green in your wonderful photos. A perfect spot to rest and dream.

Al said...

That looks like a beautiful area, and I love the signs. I need to add it to my list of places I need to visit.