Monday, July 12, 2010

India Trip -- Part One


In my last post I had my stop-over at Singapore. When I reached my native place Kerala, the monsoon had already started. Everything around was tropical green. Here are some of the plants and fruits typical to my place.

A coconut tree

A fallen coconut under the tree

A banana tree

A banana leaf with rain drops

A Jasmine bud

Mangoes almost ready

Leaf of a (black) pepper plant

A custard apple

Air potato plant (its root is a vegetable, scientific name Dioscorea bulbifera)

Can you tell what this is?

It was the closeup shot of Jack fruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus)


11 comments:

Dani said...

wow!!! I'm speechless..These shots are more than amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day!

Sylvia K said...

What a beautiful green world you have! Marvelous captures and post for the day! Have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Barb said...

Wonderful shots of the tropical Paradise! I love the closeup of the Jack Fruit.

Arija said...

A wonderful collection of luscious tropical fruits and vegetable.... can't forget the vegetable! great shots too. Jack fruit is the only one that I have not eaten, but can certainly recognise.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love seeing all this fruit growing! GREAT post. :)

Swarna said...

We just spent a month at home in Kerala too. and are missing it already.....Excellent close-up shots. Am very fond of jackfruit in all its avatars - fresh and crunchy, ripe, fried, 'jammed',...

Al said...

Great photos, you really captured the tropical foliage perfectly. Very different from what we have in our part of the world.

Indrani said...

Beautiful it has to be, God's own country! :)

Marites said...

beautiful greens and i'm thinking of cooking something from those greens:)great captures!

My world entry is here.

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

i loved your garden tour, thanks for showing this to us today, what a treat!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The coconut tree looks like a fan with the leaves going round and round.

Great photos.

Strange I just commented on another blogger that I loves to draw coconut trees because I grew up in Borneo.